Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Royal Kouture's A Royalty Affair

I had a collaboration with Royal Kouture, an online shop owned by my good friend, Kim. This is my first venture as a "stylist" and I was very excited about this a couple of weeks back. I booked my beautiful friends as models, had an ex-deal with a budding photographer and agreed with chums to do the models' makeups. Since typhoons Juaning and Kabayan devastated the country on the last few days of July, I had to do some last minute changes on the location. An outdoor shoot deemed to be sooooo impossible and I didn't want to have a studio shoot that's why I tried to borrow a friend's restaurant in Kamuning.

ROYAL KOUTURE: A Royal Affair

Photography by: JC Cordel
Creative director and styling by: Marianne Marcial
Models: Ruselle Alinea, Kristel "Kite" Sandoval, Susan Santos, Kaye Quong and Kim Gabriel
Makeup by: Rachel Cayao, Kristel Tan and Cham Martin
Special thanks to: Al Carriaga of 77 Cafe,  Restaurant and Bar

We had a limited time so everybody did a multitasking. Kudos also to our very supportive boyfriends, Paolo and Mon + Kristel's new boyf. They helped us with the moving of the interiors, assisting JC in lighting and stuff. I guess the boys are enjoying such a fashionable act. I bet next time, more boyfriends are coming!

It's the Mon Inciong pose!

Props only!

We brought our own items as well for a better shoot. If makeup artists bring their own makeups and the photographer brings his own camera, the stylist must bring her own shoes and accessories!

My own shoes + some of my accessories piled together with Kim's.

Clothes provided by Royal Kouture.

Kristel did Ruselle's makeup.

While Cham and Rachel worked on the twins--Kaye and Kite.

Now I'm about to show you my top picks, both raw and post-processed, composed of the models' exquisite beauty and features, a photographer's piece, the makeup artists' imagination, the collection's style and character which helped the stylist's role:

Kite, Ruselle and Kaye in a vintage crop top available in orange, white and blue.

I swear Kite and Kaye look like twins!

This photo must be my favorite. Kaye wearing a high-waist mustard shorts paired with a vintage maong dress used as a tube top.

Models wearing a see-through polo available in three colors: brown-brown, brown-peach and brown-beige.

Side and back details of the vintage long sleeves.

Ruselle in a zebra bandage dress.

Dolman sleeve polo in three colors: white, beige and peach, as worn by Ruselle, Susan and Kim.

Kaye looked classic in this photo.

 Kite and Kaye spell attitude wearing stripes dress, in two colors: blue-white, violet-black.

A Mara Clara peg won't hurt, perhaps?

Leopard bandage dress worn by Kite and Kaye.

LBD, laced, on Ruselle.

Susan and Kim wearing a maong shift dress.

Vintage maong dress with two different skirt details on Kaye and Kite.

It's kind of hard to choose photos to post here! I'm not posting the entire collection here. For orders and other inquiries, kindly check out Royal Kouture's Facebook account here. Royal Kouture features the latest trend in everyday fashion in a very affordable price. From animal prints, nautical, lace, vintage, floral to modern, Royak Kouture has it.

During this first venture, I learned new things. Next time, I should not forget to bring SCISSORS to trim down unnecessary threads, a box of hairpin to join my paper clip, clamp and safety pin family, more accessories, an iron and a set of hangers. In addition, I must also anticipate the need of the makeup artists when it comes to lipsticks and eye shadows and since I have a growing collection of these, I'm willing to share them all on my next shoot. It's an unending, learning experience. It's tiring, literally, but I enjoy every sweating minute of it!

Leaving you with an unflattering, haggard photo of me:

"You smile, I style."

I need to get back to my system soon because I have a series of back log posts: another collaboration with Loca Trends (and the story behind that), a surprise from MaRis and Rachel's Naughty-cal birthday party to name a few.

♥,

No comments:

Post a Comment