Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Tween Hearts

The day after I styled for Royal Kouture's A Royal Affair collection, I received a call from my dear friends inviting me on another shoot where I'll style tween girls, aged 8 and 13. I took this as a test because styling kids is as challenging as styling teens and young professionals, except that the kids' style must be more cheerful, playful and must involve a lot of smiles more than fierce faces!

Meet young Assumptionistas Chloe, 8 and Charlize aka Storm,13. I'm sure these girls will go places because of what I heard, they rehearsed striking their poses a few nights before the shoot. So adorable!


Photography by: Mika Artienda
Styling by:  Marianne Marcial
Models: Charleze "Storm" Garcia and Chloe Garcia
Makeup by: Marianne Marcial (for Storm) and Maro Gigante (for Chloe)
Shot on location: Callospa Resort, Antipolo City
Clothes, bags and shoes: Models' own

I did not anticipate that I would also be doing the models' makeup. Good thing, I brought in some hypoallergenic and mineral makeups with me. I also have to thank my nude lipstick for staying inside my kit for months now because that's what the models needed. And since they are young, putting eyeshadow on is an option and I didn't have palettes with me so a silver-green eye pencil saved the day. Now I know that I have to bring at least 2 colors with me everyday for some emergency shoots and the like.

On Storm: Elizabeth Arden Pure Mineral Finish foundation No. 07, MAC Mineral Blush in Nuance, Sephora Nano eye pencil in Silver-Green (used as eyeshadow), Max Factor Masterpiece High Definition mascara in Black.

On Chloe: Elizabeth Arden Pure Mineral Finish foundation No. 07, Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks in Pink Raspberry, The Body Shop Lip and Cheek Stain No. 1 and Max Factor Masterpiece High Definition mascara in Black.


The models brought their own shoes and clothes in all prints you can ever imagine--polka dots, stripes, abstract, floral and graphic! Of course I did not expect to see an animal print, a leopard one to be exact, since they're too young for it. But hey, bet they'll rock the print if they had one!

I looked tired! Haha!

Maro and I joined our makeups together.

Are you ready?


I super love Storm's smile! Her confidence made me think, "Why was I so shy when I was her age?" She's also fun to work with. Doing her makeup and styling her is like dressing Reesha up. It's like I've known her for ages!

Storm rocked the "glam rock" look with her polka dots dress and her Chuck Taylor in pink and black.


On the other hand, Chloe is the shy type one maybe because of her adolescence stage. She's on her 7th grade now and I feel her shyness, especially in front of other people. She's got a modest smile and an aura of a good girl.

Chloe's laid-back ensemble: graphic-designed dress (sleeves with cute details) paired with a classic black flats.

Chloe and Storm wearing floral dresses in such wonderful colors!

After this shoot, we had another set featuring a collection from Lóca Trend. I'll blog it as soon as I get the photos from Mika. Next time, I'd like to style kids as young as 5 years old and fight against tantrums! What do you think? I might get Reesha and Ceean as my first models! Yaaay I'm so excited! One weekend, hopefully.

The girls behind the cam: Marianne, Mika and Maro in black and white. Photo by Johnson Hautea.

Such a wonderful feeling to work with them again. It's been years, I'm looking forward for more collaborations and usual barkada happenings. Cheers to a new beginning!

♥,

2 comments:

  1. wow i didn't know you do styling too!!! do you mind if i ask how much do you charge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ate Nins :) I don't charge yet, I'm still open for collaborations and once I finish my portfolio, I'll decide on how much rate I should charge :)

    ReplyDelete