Friday, April 29, 2011

Get a Tan at Bataan!

Another late post since I never had a hold of Shorty over the holiday...

I had my sun, sea and sand craving last week just like everyone else. We actually didn't plan to go to any of the beaches near the metro--well, we actually planned. It's just that I didn't realize that we're going to push through with the first beach trip with some of my Marcial cousins. It was a choice between Batangas or Bataan but since we're from the north and Ruth Abad's photos in Pamarta Bali attracted me, I insisted to go to Bataan instead.

Welcome to Bataan beach! We stayed at Coralview Beach Resort because all the good resorts there are fullybooked. We insisted to stay at the new resort nearby, Phi Phi, but there's no available villa anymore. Coralview is a good choice though, we spent overnight in a single room to think that we're 7 adults + 1 child! The resort has such a friendly staff, thank you! :)

The Monkey, The Pig and The Cat. Meet my awesome sisters, Mamai and Miming!

It was our another "first beach bonding experience" as young adults! Hehe. We used to go to the beach, particularly in Palawan, when we were kids but we didn't get to enjoy it because Mom wouldn't allow us to play under the sun. Ate Mai and I went to Boracay in October last year and so of course we missed our kitty!

Aside from the usual sand castle, my sisters and cousins made my dream of becoming a mermaid come true! Ariel, Dyesebel, Mutya, Dyosa Agua, Alakdana... call me whatever you want! Hahaha! :)

And of course, beach volleyball shouldn't be missed! It's Marianne-Ebok-Miming team vs Paolo-Mamai-Symon team. Guess who won? NONE.

A picture with my sweetiepie... :>

And more! This "burst" pictures with Paolo freaked my Mom out on Facebook. Check out her hilarious comments on this album.

Photo: Gian Gancia | Post-processing: Marianne Marcial | Bikini top: Sunkissed by SM Department Store | Bikini bottom: Freeway | Yellow blouse: Cherie | Flipflops: Havaianas

It was a very short trip for us because we stayed there for only 14 hours. My cousins Symon and Ebok with our nephew Roddick and his mom Ate Lauren joined us. I feel like going back there whenever I have free time instead of going to Batangas because it's closer (I'm from the north)!

♥♥♥

The day after we went home from Bataan, I received a call from Paolo asking me to go with them in... Bataan. Again, ha! Of course I couldn't say no because he joined my family outright when I asked him to so I said yes. Good thing I didn't unpack my bag the night before so I just filled in some stuff I already used (like sachets of shampoo + conditioner, towel, some clothes, etc).

I snorkeled again (the last time I snorkeled was in Bohol, 4 years ago) and man, I got scared! Haha. There were big, big, big waves! I am scared of waves!!! But I still jumped because Paolo already jumped. Booya, my head hit that bamboo pole! Major headache but I'm OK!

These photos above show how painful hitting the pole was! As I've said, I'm still OK!

Photo: Gian Gancia | Post-processing: Marianne Marcial | Bikini top: Sassa | Leopard-printed shorts: Landmark Department Store

If ever you're planning to go to Bataan, I recommend staying at a.) Coralview Beach Resort because they have the friendliest and most accommodating staff plus they got a relaxing ambiance! No "crowded" vibe despite the high peak season. You can also try staying at b.) Phi Phi Beach Resort, a recently-opened resort with a la Boracay amenities. Call 0917-8131228 for more details and look for Engineer Roel.


1 comment:

  1. hi miss. how did you go to this beach resort? did you commute? im planning to go here via BUS ride but dont know how. any idea?

    ReplyDelete