Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Philippine Fashion Week Holiday 2011

From travel and food expos to the country's biggest fashion event, I found myself dressing up three hours ahead of time. Thanks to my newest super girl friend Noelle, she made it possible for me to attend the Philippine Fashion Week Holiday 2011 last Saturday, May 14 at the SMX Convention Center.

I actually had an invitation from my SoFA capsule classmate Binky but due to Justin Bieber's concert, I wasn't able to watch the Danilo Franco, Eric Pineda, Johny Abad, JC Buendia, Edgar Allan, Edgar San Diego, Noel Crisostomo, Noli Hans, Richard Papa and... yes, SLIM: Salvacion Lim Higgins show. And since my other SoFA capsule classmates Noelle, Binky and Jeanne saw each other during the event, I finally convinced myself to drop by for at least one show and of course, I chose the Sassa Jimenez show with Eric Salaya Ang and Jerome de los Santos.

Photo: Aika Garcia| Little black dress: Betty for SM Department Store | Pink belt: Forever 21 | Shoulder bag: Zara | Peep-toe heels: Aldo

Due to the traffic madness all over EDSA and after a series of getting lost with my girl-friend-slash-soul-sister-and-a-hottie-driver Aika, we were not able to start the whole show. We got there right before the start of Sassa Jimenez's. I took only a few pictures because my view was kinda bad. We were standing behind the cameraman so every single shot, he's in the frame.


I loved all the colors that Sassa used. I also liked that she had tutus in her collection. I am a frustrated ballerina, just so you know. Extra hype on the models' hairstyle, electrified! 


A little trivia about this photo: Sarah Meier walked right in front of us and both Aika and I got starstruck! As in naka-nganga kaming dalawa sa kanya! Imagine if it's not THE Sarah Meier... :P


Meet Aika, the newest love of my life! We've almost got the same mind and beauty (HAHA) except for the height! It was our first ever bonding as "friends-and-not-strangers" together and we clicked like Serena and Blair. It's like we've known each other for more than 10 years! I love her from Muñoz to MOA via EDSA!


After the show, my ever fabulous and beautiful inside and out SoFA capsule classmates and I reunited after a week. That's Jeanne and her friend from UA&P, Aika, me and Noelle. ♥

Noelle left a few minutes after Sassa Jimenez's show but Aika and I stayed to catch the Ford Models Supermodel of the Philippines. Aika and I kidnapped Noelle from the Registration Area to roam around and to take more pictures!


I saw familiar faces during the night, too. I saw my cousin Ate Nice, my old friend Mika, my AHA student Patrick, my SoFA capsule instructor Alyanna Martinez, Saab Magalona and Adrianne Concepcion, Rich Asuncion, Icy Mendoza, Andrew Wolfe and Jon Avila.

 We decided to watch the Ford Models Supermodels of the World too hosted by Sarah Meier, of course.

 Meet the finalists. Tall and slim girls. PINAY ♥

What is Ford without DANICA MAGPANTAY, the first Filipina who won the title.

Photographers in action.

Models, models and more models.

Danica Magpantay's fellow Ford models, Chat Almarvez, Charo Ronquillo and Ram Sagad with Ms. Katie Ford of Ford Models and Visayan Foundation before the announcement of the winner who will represent the Philippines in the next supermodel search.

 The crowd favorite, Samantha, won the Ford Models' Supermodels of the World Philippines. Samantha, only 14 years old, stands 5'10! Wow, born to be a supermodel indeed! I wish her luck!

Until the next Philippine Fashion Week,


No comments:

Post a Comment