Friday, September 30, 2011

Fash and Feathered

The feather craze is officially here! Well, to tell you honestly, I did not think I'll be so into this trend the very first time I saw girls sporting it. But thank heavens I have a good friend named Mika Artienda, who, if I'm not mistaken, is the very first designer and seller of unique feather accessories in the metro. Her store, MARiS, is not a noob in the Philippine fashion scene. From bloggers Tin Iglesias, Patricia Prieto to designer/model/blogger and now actress Laureen Uy, to Julia Montes of the Mara Clara fame to the unkabogable Vice Ganda, MARiS tops the list of this light-weight, bohemian-inspired trend.

On the day we had a shoot for MARiS, Mika and I parted ways with a loot bag filled with... yes, you got it right, feather accessories she designed! Check these out:

Fash and feathered! MARiS bestsellers! ♥


Black Feathered Single Earring in Gold Chain

Camie Feather Hair Clip -- I named this!

Pepper Potts Feather Hair Clip

I'm one lucky girl! According to New York City's Refinery 29, feathers is the trend we must try! I've Instagram-ed/Tumblr-ed Miss Pastel Necklace here, Rainbow Single Earring here and used my Camie last Saturday night, though I have to post my photo of me wearing it yet! And oh, before I forget, a connector ring's also included (please see first photo above) in the loot bag.

Thanks so much, Mika! I'm so excited to wear and flaunt all of these! People who see me wearing your designs love it! Thanks for making me a MARiS muse! I can say I'm a certified fash and feathered! xx

♥,

1 comment:

  1. Lovin' all those feathered accessories!


    xx Kaye
    http://thestyleflux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete