Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Sound Of Music at RWM

You know how much I love The Sound Of Music. I've tweeted, written and told this for a thousand times already and watching the Julie Andrews film over, and over, and over again will never make me love this musical less.

A year ago, a friend told me (hi, Erica Robles!) that Resorts World Manila held an audition for The Sound Of Music. I eagerly asked her about the said casting, not that I wanted to join, but to know if it's true. Deep in my heart, I know I wanted to be a part of it and playing Maria Ranier's role not just in school will make me the happiest girl in the world. But I cannot sing. I cannot even sing the do-re-mi in tune. So let's scratch that. Watching it played by real theater actors will make me the happiest girl in the world, and last Saturday, I was the happiest girl.


Paolo and I watched the first public screening of The Sound of Music (I skipped the exclusive 20-minute preview and special gala night because of our VIP tickets) last Saturday. I know I kind of annoyed Paolo the whole performance because I was singing along with Maria, Georg and the children and the nuns. I could not help it. I was so teary-eyed but not even my teardrops could explain how happy I was, not to mention that we were THIS close to Aga Muhlach and Charlene Gonzales who supported their daughter Atasha in playing the role of Brigitta. Speechless. Everything's grandeur, magnificent, marvelous.

The entire cast is also superb, from Joanna Ampil (Maria Ranier), fellow TV5 Kapatid Audie Gemora (Captain Georg von Trapp), Pinky Amador (Baroness Elsa Schraeder), Pinky Marquez (Mother Superior) to the young ones Tanya Manalang (Leisl), Paolo Ocampo (Freidrich), Rebecca Coates (Louisa), Anton Posadas (Kurt), Atasha Muhlach (Brigitta), Alida Moberg (Marta) and the cutiepie Alexa Villaroel (Gretl). The production team is composed of Rebecca Lapus, Paul Soriano, Lyn Fabella and Francis Libiran among others. The entire crowd did not hesitate to give them a standing ovation during the curtain call, they ALL deserved it!

Now for the sake of those who haven't seen this yet, I will not spoil or give comments about the performance and the overall The Sound Of Music at Resorts World Manila experience. Coming from a diehard fan, I gave it a highly satisfactory rate with no reasons, explanations and second thoughts. And again, no! I'm not biased! Watching The Sound Of Music will prove you that the Filipino performance is a world-class performance. :)

Facebook caption: Because my Dad knows I'm a diehard fan of The Sound of Music, he took a picture of its billboard facing FEU and changed Maria's face into mine. :) 
It would be a miracle to play Maria's role because I CANNOT SING (WELL, hahahaha) so Dad thought of something to make a dream come true! Love you, Dad :)

And because cameras are not allowed inside, we had some photos taken before the show began. I didn't even think of taking some shots during the play because I watched it with all my heart--no disturbance, no wink of an eye, no extra movement! I focused and concentrated and just laughed and sang along with them in discreet.

I stood up in front of the crowd with this smile!

With the Georg Von Trapp of my life!

Black asymmetrical dress by Randy Ortiz | Black peeptoe shoes from Aldo | Bag from Longchamp

After the show at Marriott Hotel.

It was a long, but short, three-hour play and I see myself watching it again before it finally ends on December. If you plan to watch The Sound Of Music after reading this, inquire at Resorts World Manila or TicketWorld.

♥,

No comments:

Post a Comment