Sunday, July 29, 2012

Safely Home

"When you lose someone that you love, take comfort in knowing that they are now with God."

Three deaths in three weeks. First, my high school classmate, Niqquo. Then Tito Dolphy. And now, Tito Bobie, the father of my good friend Kim.

I don't know what death means. I cannot define it unless I'm in the situation. But when I'm already there, how will I know? 

My friends and I shared a lot of happy moments together. Birthday parties, wedding days and other special gatherings, times of laughter and cheers. But now feels so different. Today is the first time we were all brought together to mourn, to grieve. And today we realized how important it is to celebrate life.

It's very hard for me to write this post. No words are coming out from my mind. What I want as of the moment is to comfort and hug my friend but I want Kim to take her time with her family. 

Losing a parent is something I cannot bear. I'm too afraid to accept the fact that one day it will also happen to me. I don't even want to think about it. I feel a pinch inside and a mini heart attack whenever I put myself into the shoes of others who are suffering from the loss of someone so important. 

Everyday, I guess, we should live life as if it's the last. Live for today, show our love to our dear parents in numerous ways. Let's hug them, kiss them, cherish them and appreciate them. For we will never know when they will be taken away from us. There may be times they annoy us and drive us nuts, but let us not forget who they are. 

To my dear Kimmie, we are here with you no matter what. We will always pray for you, for Ate Aron and Tita Amy. I also want to take this opportunity to share something to you and I hope it will make you feel better. It may not be now, but I hope, sooner. I love you.

SAFELY HOME

I am home in Heaven, dear ones;
Oh, so happy and so bright!
There is perfect joy and beauty
In this everlasting light.

All the pain and grief is over,
Every restless tossing passed;
I am now at peace forever,
Safely home in Heaven at last.

Did you wonder I so calmly
Trod the valley of the shade?
Oh! But Jesus' love illumined
Every dark and fearful glade.

And He came Himself to meet me
In that way so hard to tread;
And with Jesus' arm to lean on,
Could I have one doubt or dread?

Then you must not grieve so sorely,
For I love you dearly still:
Try to look beyond earth's shadows,
Pray to trust our Father's Will.

There is work still waiting for you,
So you must not idly stand;
Do it now, while life remaineth--
You shall rest in Jesus' land.

When that work is all completed,
He will gently call you Home;
Oh, the pleasure of that meeting,
Oh, the joy to see you come!

♥,

No comments:

Post a Comment