Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Unmark Those Pregnancy Marks

Ever since I found out that I was pregnant, one of the many concerns I had in mind was dealing with those unwanted marks in the tummy and breast areas. It's true, having stretch marks when you're pregnant is inevitable, but there are ways to prevent it from coming or to at least minimize it. To be honest, there are then-pregnant women who were lucky enough not to have these marks at all and I am envious because mine started to appear during my eighth month. I wouldn't deny it because sooner or later, when I'm not successful in clearing them up, you're gonna see them. (Hahaha this won't stop me from wearing my new bikinis no!)

To my preggo friends, readers and new mothers who are fighting the same battle against stretchies, let me introduce you my skin's best friends:

1. Human Nature 100% Natural Sunflower Beauty Oil



Tagged as a miracle in a bottle, this organic product is the first ever product I used and applied on the areas prone to stretchies during my first trimester. It has other benefits, too!

What I love most about this product: It's non-sticky! The heat during summer + growing tummy + stretching/itchy skin that only pregnant women feel will surely understand me.

What I don't: Its availability. I have to pre-order bottles of it so I make sure that before I hit the less than 30 mL level, I already have a new one on hand. (Please tell me where to buy Human Nature products in TriNoma/SM North.)

2. Mustela 9 Months Stretch Marks Double Action 


I joined the bandwagon and heard that Mustela does work well. I gave it a try even if a 150 mL tube costs more than a thousand (thank God for special gift packs they offer--we took home other Mustela 9 Months and Mustela Bebe products). 

What I love most about this product: The smell! Period.

What I don't: The price. And oh, did I say I finished my tube only in a month? 

3. Johnson's Baby Oil Gel - Shea & Cocoa Butter 

My last discovery to fight against stretch marks happened while doing a little shopping at S&R. I was there to buy huge boxes of Pepero (cravings!!!) but I went home scoring a (finally) good-smelling shea and cocoa butter product without me feeling dizzy and nauseous. I still use it after giving birth. I forgot how much it costs though. 

What I love most about this product: Admit it, Johnson's products are unquestionable. My skin always feels softer every after application and its moisturizing effect lasts up to 12 hours. I love it!

What I don't: I'm not sure, but I think it's only available in S&R. For me, every preggo should have a bottle coz it works! 

4. Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Lotion for Stretch Marks




The first ever anti-stretch marks product I bought. All pregnant women used, or at least, tried using this product if I'm not mistaken. But unfortunately, the scent of it just caused me all-day morning sickness. And until now, I cannot use it because its scent reminds me of my pregnancy days--I still feel like throwing up!

What I love most about this product: You will never have a hard time getting yourself a bottle. Available at Watsons, Landmark and all other leading department stores and beauty stores nationwide! :D

What I don't: I can't tell, coz I only used it for a week. But personally, the scent.


5. L'occitane Rose 4 Reines Velvet Hand Cream






A bonus, I'm applying a spread of pea sized amounts all over areas affected (quite expensive kaya tipis hahaha) since this product contains shea butter. I haven't done a research yet on the effectivity of shea butter in preventing/minimizing stretch marks but most of anti-stretch marks products contain it so might as well give it a try. Super thanks to my mother-in-law who gave me three different boxes of L'occitane last Christmas! :)

What I love most about this product: Its velvety feel, the scent, the softness it brings and the feeling of well-moisturized. 

What I don't: the price because I'd rather buy a new makeup than buying a new box. 


There you have it! Hope this helps. I also found out that Celeteque has its own maternity products called Celeteque Maternity! I wonder if Watsons already have it, because I've been looking for Celeteque BB Cream since I got pregnant and I still don't have it now that Sword's almost two months. I wanna try the products!

And oh, now that I'm done with stretch marks, can someone help me about cellulites naman? 

Happy July!

♥,

4 comments:

  1. If you ever find out about how to remove darn cellulite, let me know too! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can buy sunflower oil online. Humanheartnature.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED the johnston's oil. I also used that when I was pregnant and I felt like it did a pretty good job with my first baby. BUT now I have had my second and I have loose and saggy skin everywhere. I have been looking for a skin tightening product which will help all problem areas. Have you heard of something like this before?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sympathize with your problems. I got terrible stretch marks after my first pregnancy. You should check out the website stretch mark removal for some decent info about how to deal with stretch marks.

    ReplyDelete