Saturday, April 02, 2011

Only This Summer

Summer has officially started! 

April marks the beginning of sun, sea and sand peak where flight fares go as high as 100% from its regular rates. So before filing that vacation leave and get your boss' signature, be sure you get these essentials that can also be used all year round!



1. Denim fringed shorts. Three words in one--denim, fringes, shorts! This is perfect with the season's loose hanging tops and can make you feel fresh! 

2. Maxi dress. A maxi dress is a sure attention-getter. For lazy days when you don't feel like mix-and-matching clothes, this is the perfect way to go. Maxi dresses come in different colors, prints and designs too!  

3. Cetaphil UVA/UVB Defense SPF 50 Facial Moisturizer. It's inevitable to go swimming with kiddies this summer so aside from using Shu Uemura UV Armor, you can grab and share this Cetaphil with the little ones. Known for its non-comedogenic properties, Cetaphil is perfect for everyone with its broad spectrum sunscreen and protects even the most sensitive skin from the sun's harmful rays.

4. Nivea SUN Block Lotion SPF 50+++. Another quality brand that I adore, I don't have any doubts at all with the way Nivea takes care of my skin. It gives long lasting moisture and reduces the risks of skin allergies caused by sun exposure.

5. Swimwear. What is summer without fashionable swimsuits? I personally Polyvored this printed two-piece sets because sometimes, plain can be boring. Plus, I know that orange is making a come back this season. It's always fun to play with colors, think of color blocking. The two pairs above also spell ooomp--bandeau and bead details.

6. Havaianas. Of course, Havaianas will always be Havaianas. It's the most comfortable footwear ever! Ballerina flats are love but I just can't imagine myself wearing two-piece while walking with a closed footwear on! 

7. Rings. Can be worn anytime, anywhere. Laureen Uy breaks her style with her wonderful collection of rings so break yours too! That little bow reminds you of Hello Kitty, eh?

8. Flat sandals. If you want to be extra fashionable and don't want to depend on Havaianas alone, you can always wear flat sandals. Also, some bars do not allow guests in flipflops inside so bringing a pair will save you and allow you to party all night!

9. Sunglasses. Do I need to further explain why it's in my list? Skin and eyes are the most essential body parts that need extra protection against the sun. 

10. Nivea Med Protection lip balm. I can run out of shampoo and conditioner but I will never, ever run out of Nivea lip balm. I have sensitive lips and my puckers always get dry (and dark) when I fail to apply Med Protection. Chapstick, Blistex and Carmex don't work well with me. Only Nivea kisses my lips even before applying lipstick. With SPF 12 too!

11. Straw bag. The perfect buddy in the beach. I Polyvored this straw bag with neon lining because neon colors are also a hit this summer!

12. Colorful nail colors. OPI has a collection called "Brights by OPI" that offers a wiiiiide range of bright new hues. It also has six edgy new shades and recently paired with Paige Premium Denim. My favorite is "A Grape Fit!" and "In My Back Pocket".  

Be HOT this summer by keeping it COOL! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment