Sunday, April 17, 2011

Shorty

April 16, 2011 -- The day my sister and I got this MacBook Pro I'm currently using now. ♥ 


We can't get off our hands from it. It's like a dream come true. It's definitely a sweet life we're living. I actually expected it to come since Ate and I had sleepless nights deciding if we are going to buy this or not. It's a choice of DSLR, flying abroad, a Louis Vuitton bag or this. But MacBook Pro definitely topped the list. We bought it yesterday. End of the story.

It's somehow a good sign that we are able to get the things we want in a good way. One of my favorite books, Tuesdays with Morrie, taught me a looooot of things about life as a whole. Family, material things, career, relationships, aging, money, power,  living life and DEATH. To quote Mitch Albom's book, "Don't cling to things, because everything is impermanent." Yes, I am only human, and like everyone else, I desire for things I don't actually need. But I make sure that even if I can survive without this certain thing, I will use this in a good way when I possess it. 

Hearing a young actor's sudden death this morning reminded me of how short life is. That it's unpredictable, full of surprises. "Dream as if you're gonna live forever and live as if you're gonna die today." Tell your parents how much you love them and how thankful you are for having them. Show your friends how important they are to you. Kiss and embrace your boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife and remind them that you'll be loving them until the end of time. Forgive your enemies. Say sorry to those you've hurt. Lastly, do whatever you want to do. Buy everything you can afford, give what you can share and mean every word you say. 

"We need to forgive ourselves for all the things we didn't do, all the things we should have done. You can't get stuck on the regrets of what should have happened." 
-Tuesdays with Morrie

PS: Rest in peace, AJ Perez.


No comments:

Post a Comment