Monday, May 09, 2011

Celebrity Fashion Styling with Alyanna Martinez

Enrolling for a class in the School of Fashion and the Arts (SoFA) has been on my list for 2 years now. It's a never-ending synchronization with my schedule and I'm glad to finally fit it in my planner even if it's just a 3-hour capsule.

So yeah, I got to enroll for the second batch of Celebrity Fashion Styling with Alyanna Martinez. It's a half day fashion capsule attended by fashion enthusiasts who want to pursue their careers in the glamorous industry, or if not, those who live by the rules of fashion/styling. Well if you know me enough, you'll understand that I dream of becoming a magazine editor and I am still going through high hopes about that until now. I'm not giving up, I've just taken my first few steps!

Meet our famous guest instructor, Alyanna Martinez.

If her name rings a bell, you're hearing the right bell. Haha! She's the daughter of Albert and Leizl Martinez but if there's one thing you need to know about her, never did she use her name (or her parents' name) to be where she is now. Alyanna's career story is adorable, she's been through all the ups and downs and highs and lows of things just like an ordinary girl. She's gone shopping on Ukays (thrift shops), she had sleepless nights, she got broke... but these things didn't stop her from doing what she really wants. She's like a warrior, only in heels and a fuchsia pink lipstick.

Hours after sharing her story, like how she bagged her first job, how she got so stressed with all the tapings and pullouts, etc etc, Alyanna started giving away freebies including Philippine Fashion Week passes.

Alyanna gave away passes for the PFW, gift cards from SM Department Store and a gift pack fromVita Fede. That lucky guy won an accessory worth P10,000 from Vita Fede! Congratulations!

My dearest classmates!

After the giveaway, we discussed about the difference of celebrity styling from other kinds of styling, sourcing of materials and pullouts for shoots, importance of building contacts/networks, and Alyanna's tricks of the trade.

A stylist must-haves are: clips of all sizes, tapes of all kinds (especially masking tape), safety pins and a roll of nylon thread (of course with a needle).

Alyanna's accessories, accessories, accessories and more accessories!!! Whew! I drooled over these! She has almost everything a girl needs and wants!

All of us in the classroom stood up and took endless photos of her piles of blings! I even caught myself in awe while staring at these goodies!

Alyanna worked her color blocking tricks on our model classmate Kim. Color blocking is her favorite trend, btw. This look, according to her, is perfect for teenybopper magazines like Candy and Meg.

This look is more Preview-appropriate. I liked the styling--gold, laces and sheer! ♥

Alyanna showed us how to add an oomph into that outfit like putting a statement necklace or bangles.


TRIVIA: Alyanna styled the SM Department Store catalog which I loved. Yay! I liked it even before realizing it's her who styled the girls! Click here to see it.

As much as I want to enroll for a full-course program offered by SoFA, I unfortunately can't because of work. I even wanted to join my classmates in their internship programs, gaaah! So if you're still a student, I tell you, mas masarap mag-aral kesa magtrabaho! Hahahaha! Do everything you want to do first before looking for a job. Mahirap kalaban ang oras! Grab every opportunity as long as you're young, seriously.

You know the feeling of "FIRST DAY HIGH"? I felt that last Saturday! I was so damn scared because I don't know anyone. But I remembered what Dad told me during my 1st day in FEU, "Lahat naman kayo d'yan mag-isa. Lahat kayo walang kakilala." So I said hi to Noelle, then Binky and lastly, Jeanne! Yaaay I met new wonderful (and young) friends!

L-R: Jeanne, Anna, Noelle and me.

Of course, a picture with Alyanna shouldn't be missed! I love her! :)

Photo: Jeanne Khe | Black top: Royal Kouture | Leopard-printed shorts: Landmark Department Store | Bag: Longchamp | Oxfords: Aldo

And yes, finally, the long wait is over. Behind me is the infamous red wall of SoFA.

♥,

No comments:

Post a Comment