Monday, May 02, 2011

The Week That Was

The last week of April is awesome. It's the week of festivity, love, faith and power. It's one of the best weekends I ever had even without going out of town or doing something out of ordinary or unusual. It's just me and the television, me and the big screen, me and Paolo, me and my family. 

Finally, after earthquakes, tsunamis, landslides and other natural calamities, the world is again celebrating because of the recent happenings! There's hope, people. It's not going to be the end of the world!

I have top three supermen who ruled the world last week and they are, in no particular order:


Blessed John Paul II

I'm not surprised. When the late Pope passed away last 2005, I know he'll going to be beatified and will soon become a saint. I adore him. He makes me feel that being a Roman Catholic is a pride. Blessed John Paul II's face is so innocent, he looks so kind.

Pope Benedict XVI and two other bishops kiss Blessed John Paul II's casket during his beatification yesterday, May 1.

In 1986, Blessed John Paul II met one of the women I look up to, Mother Teresa of Calcutta, India.

Would you believe that this man that the late Pope is talking to is the man who attempted to kill him two years earlier? Blessed John Paul II paid him a visit in prison and of course, he forgave him.

Beatification is the final prelude to sainthood. When a person is beatified, it means that the person is "blessed". To know more about Blessed John Paul II's beatification, click here.

***
Prince William and Kate Middleton

The world watched the Royal Wedding of the century. The world fell in love with them and the world witnessed a real life fairy tale. William and Catherine bestowed the official titles Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Earl and Countess of Strathearn and Baron and Baroness of Carrickfergus. It sounds grandeur, right? I feel so lucky to witness the royal wedding (doesn't matter if it's only on television) of the world's most popular and most prestigious royal family/monarchy. 

These two are my favorites! William and Kate and Charles and Diana.

Their first kiss as husband and wife at the balcony of Buckingham Palace.

I still have my own hangover from the Royal Wedding. Yes!!! I am actually in search of a Royalty for Dummies book because I want to know why Catherine is called a duchess instead of a princess like Diana, why their wedding is called the royal wedding of the century (isn't Prince Harry getting married or will he tie the knot on the NEXT century) and so on and so forth. And while on a search, I stumbled upon this interesting special by People.com. Please check it out, it's about the royal-lookalikes in history!

***
Chris Hemsworth as Thor

Lastly, it's official... I am in love with Thor. I've seen his fellow Marvel superheroes, Spiderman, Iron Man, Hulk,  Wolverine and the rest of the X-Men, Daredevil, in the big screen but only Thor captured my heart and being. Lololol. :p

I love his impulsiveness, his humor, his "you-can't-change-my-mind attitude. I love his body (ooh-la-la!) and I love the way he looks at Jane Foster (Natalie Portman). But what I love most about him is the way he asks for a horse in a pet shop!

Like Douglas McArthur, Thor promised Jane, "I will return." Aww his stare! <3

Men, watch it with your father.

And may I also recommend, watch it on a THORsday or a SaTHORday on theaTHORs near you! :D Be sure you'll stay until the end of the CBB (closing billboard) because it will tell you when Thor's coming back and who's with him.

Watch Thor's official trailer.

♥,

No comments:

Post a Comment