Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Have A Blessed Holy Week

Months ago, I subscribed to a daily biblical subscription called God's Minute. I used to read Our Daily Bread when I was younger and stopped reading it (*insert guilty face here*) just a couple of years ago. A workmate introduced this to me and I felt so happy that I'd be able to read short verses from the bible and stories of faith and God's love again.

I blogged about my subscription here last December when Sendong devastated Mindanao just days before Christmas. My post Christmas With Christ intended to inspire the victims and others who feel alone during Christmas.

My day always feels lighter after each moment of reading His words. It won't take much of your time, I tell you. :)

Let me share with you my favorite story which I starred in my Gmail. May these inspire you to subscribe to God's Minute, too. Happy reading and have a blessed Holy Week.

 God Exists!

      A man went to a barber shop to have his hair and his beard cut
  as always. He began to have a good conversation with the barber
  who attended him. They talked about so many things and various
  subjects.

      Suddenly, they touched on the subject of God. The barber said:
  "Look man, I don't believe that God exists."

  "Why do you say that?" asked the customer.

  Well, it's so easy, you just have to go out in the street to realize
  that God does not exist. Oh, tell me, if God exists, would there
  be so many sick people? Would there be abandoned children?
  If God exists, there would be no suffering nor pain.  I can't think of
  loving a God who permits all of these things."

      The customer thought for a moment, but he didn't respond
  because he did not want to start an argument. The barber finished
  his job and the customer left the shop. Just after he left the barber
  shop, he saw a man in the street with long hair and a beard that
  was very long as well, one could tell that it had been a long time
  since he had his hair cut. He also looked dirty and unkempt.

      The customer entered the barber shop again and he said to the
  barber: "You know what?  Barbers do not exist."

  "How can you say they don't exist?" asked the surprised barber."
  I am here and I am a barber. Why I just worked on you!"

 "No!" the customer exclaimed. "Barbers don't exist, because if
  they did there would be no people with long hair and beard like
  that man who is outside."

  "Ah, barbers do exist, what happens is that people sometimes do
  not come to them."

  "Exactly!"- affirmed the customer. "That's the point!  God does
  exist.  What happens is people don't go to Him and do not look
  for Him.  That's why there is so much suffering and hardship in
  this world today."

***

"I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you." -Genesis 28:15 

♥,

No comments:

Post a Comment