Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Dear Tito

Dear Tito,

It's been a day since you left us and you left us with tears overflowing on our faces. 

I spent almost half of my childhood in your home and you treated me as your daughter--as a sister to your only daughter. She is my cousin, my sister, my best friend. She's the only one who knows things about me more than my sisters know.

During Sundays you will bring me in your parents' house and I equally received the gifts your parents gave their grandchildren. I did not feel different because I was welcomed, I could freely roam around the house and play carelessly in the garden. 

As I grew up, you told me things about school, about the industry you're in and the industry where I thought I'd be in. You helped me find the internship most suitable to the degree I took. I was well taken care of them. I was respected not only because I am your niece but because you're a respected person at work... and I saw that.

Now that you're back in the Father's arms, we are glad that you're no longer suffering from pain. We don't know how we're going to ease the hurt inside but we are comforted by the fact that your light will now shine above us, and that you're happily in peace now. We promise to continue loving each other and we will always take care of the people you left behind. We will always look after your wife and your children. It might take a while for everyone to feel better, but when we do, know that it doesn't mean we forget you.

Until we meet again, Tito. Thank you for everything. We love you.

Always,

Your Arianne

No comments:

Post a Comment