Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011, A Year Of Friendship

Friendship. Such a fragile word for me. I have always been so sensitive when it comes to friendship for all relationships should be founded by this. In my life, I have built a wonderful, unyielding friendship with my family. Then here comes an affectionate friendship we foster with our partners, our significant others. And lastly, the basic friendship we develop with our circles, our friends--the family we have chosen. Therefore, friendship is love. We can never say we love these people until we establish the kind of friendship we have with them.

My 2011 took me to a roller coaster ride. I've touched the clouds, felt the ground, floated in the midair, twisted me into the loops and oops of life but in the end, my safety belt buckled up by people who love me faithfully kept me alive. I almost gave up, but I was secured by the kinds of friendship I just defined. And just like any other rides, roller coaster rides come to an end. It stops on the right time. And it's up to you if you're willing to take risks and want to ride again.

If I were to answer my own question, yes, I want to ride again. There must be some views I missed because I'm too scared so I closed my eyes. Who knows, I might be braver this time.

Friendship rekindled, friendship rediscovered. New-found friendship, friendship wiped out. Best friendship remains. Welcome to my 2011.

It's quite challenging for me to post this year-ender blog. First, I don't know how to start and second, I have a lot of things to note I don't know which to prioritize. I don't want to call this the best of my 2011 because clearly, I share even my saddest emotions. Let's just go with the flow. But nonetheless, this is also my way of saying THANK YOU.

 I've been to a beautiful island called Guimaras.
This 2011, I turned a year old in the good hands of TV5.
Rachel and I have finally patched things up.
We also celebrated Mom and Dad's 30th wedding anniversary this year.
I watched Justin Bieber's concert without dropping a Hamilton.
And this year, I finally step a foot on SoFA.
I got to see the NBA superstars like Kobe Bryant and Derrick Rose in real life for free and Kobe was this close to me.
My dream of becoming a fashion stylist happened in collaboration with my favorite online brands Royal Kouture, MARiS and Loca Trends.
For the first time in my life, I went to Puerto Galera and braved the strong winds and waves on our way there.
Also, Resorts World Manila brought my forever favorite The Sound Of Music. I can't describe the feeling!
2011 is really a year of firsts. My college friend Kim tied the knot with her long time boyfriend, Mon. She became my first girl friend who walked down the aisle.
Another first is my first beach trip with my high school best friends Mika, Maro and Ailyn. We went to Boracay in one, two, three, four days!

I went to places I've never been, met new people and called them good friends.

Two of the best highlights of my 2011 is my 23rd birthday. I threw a party and asked my guests to wear something with animal prints on it. Truly, they made the night I turned 23 memorable. Turning another year older is always wonderful, just like when Paolo and I turned seven.

So many things to be thankful for! I can't even enumerate all so if I missed something, it doesn't mean I forgot you. I'm just too clouded on what to prepare tonight and I'm not feeling well.

But here's a special shout out. My 2011 is dedicated to all my friends. It's a year of friendship and I look forward to spend the same, best times with these people who love me unconditionally without judging me, without asking for anything in return. They know who they are. :)

Cheers to 2011 and 2012!

♥,

No comments:

Post a Comment